AS 11. 71. 100.
Controlled Substances Advisory Committee
- The Controlled Substances Advisory Committee is established in the Department of Law. The committee
- the attorney general or the attorney general's designee;
- the commissioner of health and social services or the commissioner's designee;
- the commissioner of public safety or the commissioner's designee;
- the president of the Board of Pharmacy or the designee of the president who shall also be a member of the Board of Pharmacy;
- a peace officer appointed by the governor after consultation with the Alaska Association of Chiefs of Police;
- a physician appointed by the governor;
- a psychiatrist appointed by the governor; and
- two individuals appointed by the governor.
- Members of the committee appointed under (a)(5) - (a)(8) of this section serve terms of four years. A member
of the committee receives no salary but is entitled to per diem and travel expenses authorized by law for
boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180.
- The attorney general is the chairman of the committee.
- The committee meets at the call of the attorney general.
- The committee shall meet at least twice a year.
- Five members of the committee constitute a quorum, except that a smaller number may adjourn a meeting in
the absence of a quorum. A quorum being present, a majority vote of the total membership is required to take official